The Australian Government is holding an Inquiry into Elecric Vehicles through a senate committee chaired by independent SA senator, Tim Storer.
The terms of reference of the inquiry are:
- the potential economic, environmental and social benefits of widespread electric vehicle uptake in Australia;
- opportunities for electric vehicle manufacturing and electric vehicle supply and value chain services in Australia, and related economic benefits;
- measures to support the acceleration of electric vehicle uptake;
- measures to attract electric vehicle manufacturing and electric vehicle supply and value chain manufacturing to Australia;
- how federal, state and territory Governments could work together to support electric vehicle uptake and manufacturing, supply, and value chain activities; and
- any other related matters.
Although they are not holding a public hearing in Perth, there have been hearings in Brisbane on 27 Sep 2018, Melbourne on 31 Aug 2018 and in Canberra on 17 Aug 2018.
The commitee is due to report on 18 Oct 2018 in Canberra.
TOCWA did not submit as an organisation, but members of the committee took some of our input, and made their own submissions – these submissions are linked below
You can see the full inquiry page here